Posted: Wednesday 3rd March 2021
Vacancy: Marketing and Digital Executive
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a talented and driven Marketing and Digital individual to join Castleford Tigers Media, Marketing and Community departments.
Employer: Castleford Tigers & Castleford Tigers Foundation
Job Title: Marketing & Digital Executive
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week (in addition to matchdays and events where required)
Salary: Entry-level vacancy
Location: The Mend-A-Hose Jungle, Wheldon Road, Castleford, WF10 2SD
Reporting to: Media & Marketing Manager & Community Director
The role will encompass supporting the club as well as the highly successful Castleford Tigers Foundation in overall growth, audience relay and partnership activation.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, confident, creative, highly motivated and committed whilst maintaining a desire to continuously improve themselves and the departments.
You will have the opportunity to join a driven, friendly and fantastic team to enhance your skills and experience whilst playing a key part of the creative journey; ultimately resulting in the audience, brand and community impact.
• Supporting the Media and Marketing team in the delivery of bespoke marketing and digital campaigns both short, medium and long term (for both club and Foundation).
• Helping drive and grow the club’s audience/supporter base (both in-stadium and via social platforms).
• Driving the Tigers Foundation’s visual (and virtual) community presence with target groups and partners.
• Assisting with the digital planning, production and implementation of the club and Foundation’s CRM strategy, creating innovative and engaging ways to grow the database.
• Studying CRM analytics in order to make informed strategic decisions for both club and Foundation.
• Generating unique, engaging content for schools, community, and partnership programmes on both the club and the Foundation side.
• Helping to ensure that all internal and external marketing material strictly complies with the club’s brand guidelines.
• Supporting the Marketing and Media department with varying matchday activities and responsibilities.
• Assisting the production of marketing collateral for print publications, digital and social media platforms and the club’s CRM system.
• Experience in marketing and digital content creation with a clear demonstration of impact and ROI.
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects) or similar (preferred).
• Proficient in using cameras for both video and still photography.
• Demonstration of partnership activation campaigns and successes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software.
• Experience in sharing content on social media and digital platforms.
• At least one year of experience in a marketing role or environment.
• Robust, adaptable and able to work in challenging environments.
• A ‘positive reactor’ in high-pressure environments.
• Comfortable in multiple environments, e.g., daily club setting, elite athletes, community settings and interaction with influential individuals.
• Confidence to formulate and share new ideas.
• Trustworthy, conscientious, reliable.
• Ambitious, enthusiastic, energetic and driven.
• Ability to be proactive and handle multiple priorities
• A clear, polite and professional manner.
• Outstanding organisational skills.
• A commitment to improving yourself as well as the department.
• A valid UK driving licence is preferable, along with your own personal vehicle.
• The successful applicant may be subject to an enhanced DBS check, in line with the clubs’ safeguarding and vulnerable adults’ policies.
This is an exciting opening for the right individual to work successfully, energetically and in a challenging and dynamic environment within the sports industry. You will be provided with the appropriate level of support to develop new skills alongside your existing strength and qualities.
Hours of work
You will be required to work between 37 hours per week (inclusive of events and matchdays) and you will be expected to work as reasonably required to fulfil the needs of the business.
Please send a CV, covering letter (addressed to "Tom Maguire, Media and Marketing Manager") and examples of any work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state your current salary (if applicable) in your application.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 19th March 2021.
This is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended.
Castleford Tigers value diversity within our business, we have a philosophy of equal opportunity for all. We encourage applicants from under-represented groups and communities.