VACANCY: Academy Physiotherapist
Posted: Friday 30th August 2019 - 11:12 AM
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a chartered physiotherapist to join the Castleford Tigers medical team.
This new role has been created with the reintroduction of the Super League reserve grade and associated staff restructuring. The successful candidate will predominantly take a lead on the U18 academy squad, however they will work on a regular basis with the first team and reserve squads as well oversee and support the U16 physiotherapist. The job role will mainly be based at the club’s stadium in Castleford however is it essential to travel to associated training and match venues.
• To provide physiotherapy services to a caseload of players. Predominantly oversee the clubs academy system however assist with medical provision for first grade and reserve players.
• To be responsible for pitch-side assessment and treatment of players during training and matches.
• To deliver high level rehabilitation to ensure a safe return to play from injury in conjunction with strength and conditioning colleagues.
• To monitor and assess players for their fitness and injury status to train or play.
• Keep adequate electronic records in line with CSP standards.
• Ensure all academy players’ emergency medical files are up to date and complete the relevant administration requirements for any new players/trialists.
• Take part in departmental CPD in addition to own.
• To communicate injury status, rehabilitation strategies and return to training projections to the coaching team and liaise where required with external parties such as schools, international coaches, parents, community coaches etc.
• Undertake injury surveillance and injury audit for youth squads
• Assist with sport science provision throughout the academy system, which may include pitch, gym based and injury prevention sessions. As well as the use of GPS and assisting with periodisation of the academy season.
• Preparation and organisation of mandatory and essential medical equipment for academy games and training.
• The above is not an exact list and the candidate would be required to carry out tasks within their scope of practice to meet the demands of the performance environment.
• Degree in Physiotherapy (E)
• HCPC and CSP Registered (E)
• Possess excellent communication skills and be highly organised (E)
• Work unsociable hours, including weekends and bank holidays to meet the demands of a professional sports team. (E)
• Experience of working in sport (E)
• If not IMMOFP qualified, be able to undertake this advanced trauma course at the next available opportunity (E)
• DBS Clearance and evidence of eligibility to work in the UK (E)
• Knowledge of safeguarding and experience of working with children/young adults (E)
• High level of musculoskeletal assessment skills, rehabilitation of elite level athletes and associated understanding on safe return to play strategies. (E)
• Knowledge of wider medical issues associated with working in professional sport, examples include management of concussion, athlete screening, injury and illness prevention strategies (E)
• Excellent IT skills (E)
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and possess very good time management skills (E)
• Able to work autonomously and manage a caseload of players but have the understanding on when to seek advice from senior members of the medical team and onward referral for specialist opinion where required. (E)
• Experience of managing students and/or junior colleagues. (E)
• Car driver with appropriate insurance to drive to required venues. (E)
• IMMOFP qualified (D)
• Experience of working in the NHS and associated knowledge of referral to specialist services within the NHS and private hospitals (D)
• Experience of working in rugby league (D)
Salary: Dependant on experience and type of contract undertaken, to be discussed at interview.
Contract: Full time/Hours to be discussed at interview. Flexible options available for the right candidate.
Start date: 4th November 2019
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) to Matt Crowther, Head Physiotherapist. firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th September 2019
|Season opener tickets now SOLD OUT|
|SBW to feature in Shenton testimonial|
|Tigresses excited about fixture challenge|
|2020 ROAR postal subscription|
|Get Back Onside with the Tigers|
|Youth Performance Coach Opportunity|
|Youth Department: Pre-Season So Far|
|Reserves and academy fixtures confirmed|
|VACANCY: Digital Media Intern|
|Talent Identification Opportunities|