PREVIEW: Castleford Tigers Women vs St. Helens Women
Posted: Saturday 11th May 2019 - 2:16 AM
Castleford Tigers Women are ready to take on St Helens in a top of the table clash in round 4 of the Women's Super League.
The Tigresses will continue their league campaign against second-placed St Helens at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle this Sunday (KO 1pm). Cas are hoping to continue their unbeaten run and stay above Saints in the table.
Both teams are in fine form and come into this game with perfect records to their name. Saints kicked off the season with an impressive win over reigning champions Wigan Warriors before going on to comfortably dispatch both Bradford Bulls and Featherstone Rovers.
Castleford, on the other hand, have beaten York City Knights, Wigan Warriors, and Leeds Rhinos - as well as winning the HeRL trophy last month against Deesses Catalanes.
Last season both sides met on three seperate ocassions. The first encounter was an edgy and inconclusive affair with the scores tied 14-14 on the final hooter. A month later the Tigresses went on to eliminate Saints from the Challenge Cup however, the visitors got their revenge later on in that season.
The Mend-A-Hose Jungle will see a field of superstars at the weekend as there could be as many as 16 England internationals on the field. Both teams currenlty boast eight representatives meaning Sunday's game should be one of the highest calibre.
The black and amber come into this fixture on the back of a superb 27-0 victory against local rivals Leeds Rhinos. Over 700 fans came along to support both sides last time out and many believe that record could be smashed this Sunday.
Head coach Lindsay Anfield is looking forward to the game saying: "This is our biggest test of the season so far but we are certainly looking forward to it. Both teams are unbeaten meaning there is plenty at stake this Sunday.
"St. Helens are a great side and will no doubt prove tough opposition. If we are to beat them, we will have to get out of the blocks a lot quicker than we did against Leeds. I'm confident that our girls can step up to the challenge."
Castleford Tigers Women Squad
1) TARA STANLEY (Moran Personal Training and Phoenix Mechanical Engineering)
4) KELSEY GENTLES (Atkinsons Fencing and Decking Specialists)
5) COURTNEY POINTON (Aysgarth Falls Hotel)
6) GEORGIA ROCHE (Reactive Installations, Met Life Insurance and Tracked Spider Solutions)
7) CLAIRE GARNER (NT Killingley)
8) EMMA LUMLEY (Chuldow Martial Arts)
9) SINEAD PEACH (PlayFairGarage and Riverside Signs & Designs)
10) GRACE FIELD (Greywood Hall)
11) TAMZIN RENOUF (Anthony Higgins Transport)
13) RHIANNION MARSHALL (MarraFalcons and Castle Commercial Cleaning Services)
15) OLIVIA GRACE (Andy Candler Motor Engineers Ltd)
16) MAISIE LUMB (Spear Scaffolding Services)
18) ANNABELLE MORLEY (AFP Digital)
20) KATY TORDOFF (Drink Natural)
23) ESME REYNOLDS (Aero Cool)
24) LUCY EASTWOOD (Donna & Paul Hampton)
44) EMMA SLOWE (Caroline Jackson #44)
68) SHONA HOYLE (Tracy & Mark Channell-Napier)
Make sure to join us this Sunday at the Jungle for a 1pm kick-off. Entry is just £3 while Castelford Tigers season ticket holders can watch for FREE!
By Andrea Mena
|First Team Injury Update|
|Ticket offer for Hull FC game|
|More items added to half price sale|
|Signs & Designs continue partnership|
|Hull FC fixture change|
|Castleford avenge cup heartbreak|
|Champions come to town|
|Back with a bang!|
|Tigresses return to Super League action|
|Cup final reaction from head coach Lindsay Anfield|