Matchday guide: Cas v Catalans
Posted: Friday 1st February 2019 - 10:51 AM
Here is a round up of all the key information supporters need to know ahead of the Round 1 clash against Catalans.
The Tigers take on the Dragons in the opening round of the Betfred Super League at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Friday night. The match kicks off at 7.45pm and will be available on Cas Tigers Radio.
Tickets are available from both club retail stores and online HERE and supporters will also be able to pay at the turnstiles on game day.
Please note, queues are expected at the turnstiles and at the Stadium Ticket Office, with supporters advised to arrive earlier than usual where possible.
Click here to take a look at Daryl Powell's 19-man squad selection.
- The Castleford Tigers Sports Superstore in Xscape will be open from 10am until 5pm on matchday selling matchday tickets and merchandise.
- The Tigers Den in Carlton Lanes is open from 9am until 4pm on matchday, selling matchday tickets and merchandise.
- The Stadium Store at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle will be open from 5.30pm until kick off on matchday, selling merchandise and matchday tickets, and will open again after the final whistle.
- The Stadium Ticket Office is open from 3pm until kick off on matchday for matchday ticket collections and matchday ticket sales. Season tickets can be collected from the Stadium Ticket Office during this period but queues are expected.
- Turnstiles on all sides of the stadium will open at 6.15pm. Once inside the stadium Castleford Tigers fans can enter any of the standing areas.
- Turnstiles 1-5 on Wheldon Road will be Season Ticket card entry only with Turnstile 6 (the first one after Princess Street) being a mixed Season Ticket card and matchday ticket entry.
- On Princess Street, Turnstiles 7 and 8 will be cash only but Turnstiles 9 and 10 will offer access for match day tickets and Season Tickets.
- Turnstiles 13 and 14 on the Training Pitch side of the stadium will be cash only.
- Turnstiles 15, 16, 17 and 18 on the Training Pitch side of the stadium will be Season Ticket, match day ticket, Under 5's and Kids for a Quid tickets (up to 6.45pm).
- Under 5's free ticket vouchers can be collected from the Stadium Ticket Office near the training pitch. Under 5’s ticket voucher entry is via turnstiles 15, 16, 17 and 18 (near the Stadium Ticket Office).
- Please ensure you have relevant ID for the ticket type you have purchased.
Kids For A Quid
The Kids For A Quid offer will not be available on matchday. All supporters with a Kids for a Quid ticket are advised to enter the Mend-A-Hose Jungle via the designated turnstiles above before 6.45pm. After this time, the turnstiles will be switched to regular turnstiles for all supporters with large queues anticipated.
Food and Drink
Two draught bars are available here at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle. 'Barkers Bar' is situated on the stadium concourse behind the family zone and the 'Jungle Bar' is situated in the Princess Street Stand. Both will be selling draught beers Carlsberg Lager, Somersby Original Cider, Somersby Strawberry & Rhubarb Cider and Tetley's Bitter.
Head to the 'Meating Place' just in front of the Tiger Bar where you can enjoy our pre and post-match disco with our resident DJ Scott. New this week we now have San Miguel on draft in the Meating Place. Our 'Real Ale Bar' draught bar is also open in the 'Meating Place' beer garden, this week it will be selling hand pulled Tetley No.3 and Elland Brewery Gone Viral.
The 'Tiger Bar' indoor bar underneath the seated stand is also open pre and post-match. Bottle bars are also available around the stadium.
Various food outlets are available throughout the stadium concourse serving hot food and drinks.
There’s a new edition of ROAR, the club’s new monthly magazine, on sale at Friday’s game. ROAR replaces the old matchday programme and costs just £1 to buy. This month’s edition includes interviews with Daryl Powell, Jon Wells, Michael Shenton, Greg Eden, Jordan Rankin and Mitch Clark, plus heaps of content on the club’s women’s team, academy and more. It’s available from sellers around the ground.
A minute’s applause will be held before kick-off to pay respect to former Castleford Tigers first team player Danny Hargrave who recently passed away. Danny was part of the club’s 1970 Challenge Cup winning squad, coming off the bench to replace Alan Hardisty in Cas’ victory at Wembley. Overall, he played 124 times for Castleford, scoring 22 tries, between 1967 and 1972.
You can now purchase our Castleford Tigers retail range from the Stadium Store on Wheldon Road or head to the XBlades Trailer on the stadium concourse for the key merchandise.
Get wrapped up and stay warm by picking up one of our bobble hats, available for just £15 whilst stocks last!
Car parking is available on site at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle priced at £5 per car. Please note the stadium car park does fill up very early. Plenty of pay and display car parks can be found in Castleford town centre, which is just a 10-minute walk from the stadium along Wheldon Road.
For just £1 you can enter our draw to win a £200 cash prize. Purchase a ticket from our sellers who you'll find around the stadium concourse. The winner is drawn at random at half time so listen out for the number to see if you are our winner.
Castleford Tigers Supporters Club
Members from the CTSC will be available in the Tiger Bar from 6.30pm on game day selling 2019 memberships. They’ll also be around after the game as well so call in, have a chat and find out about all the fab fundraising events they have planned.
Random bag searches so take place at all our home game, if you can avoid it, please don't bring bags with you to stadium.
Matchday Ticket Prices
Matchday ticket prices remain the same as the 2018 season.
Adult Standing: £24
Junior (Age 6-16) Standing: £16
Concession Standing (over 60s and students with valid student ID): £16
Age 5 and under: Free but do require an under 5's ticket (collect one from the stadium ticket office on game day)
|Tigresses triumph in Perpignan|
|Tigers Head To Wigan|
|Tigers Fall In France|
|URGENT: Castleford Women to play at the Brutus after the men|
|Tigresses fired up for history making Catalans clash|
|Celebrate Easter with retail discount|
|Dacia Magic Weekend: Key info|
|Tigers supporter given lifetime ban|
|Tickets available on the turnstiles|
|Cup clash against Hull confirmed|